Kidney and back pain, cold sweats, smelly urine. Can I fix it myself?

For a few weeks now I have been experiencing a lot of pain in my left kidney area and my back and I am breaking out in ridiculous cold sweats I don t have a family doctor and im scared of hospitals what could this be and can I fix it myself? I am not having a uti my ability to use the bathroom has been fine though my urine is extremely strong in smell. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you may have
stone either in the kidney or ureter.
However this can be confirmed only on ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.

Please consult qualified urologist for clinical examination and get following tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1)Routine urine test and urine culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.