Kid with HX Asthma, Strep throat and severe head pain.What could be this?

I have a 7 year old daughter. She has a hx of asthma. On March 7th one of her medications was switched, Flovent to Alvesco. On March 20 she was diagnosed with A Strep throat infection and mono. Over the last 3 weeks she has been complaining of severe hand pain especially at night. The pain wakes her up 3-4 times a night. Nothing seems to help it. I have tried heat, massage, and NSAIDS. What could be causing this? Her doctor is doing blood test and we should hear back by next week.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013