Kicking sensation in stomach below rib cage, short periods cycle. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant?

I have been having what I imagine a baby kicking feels like in my stomach for weeks now. It is directly in the middle, right below my rib cage. I took a pregnancy test (negative, but not sure how reliable it was), but I am still worried as I don t know what else it would be (my period was five days late and only lasted one day). It almost feels like popcorn popping. I can also feel it from the outside.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013