Kicked chair, swollen and bruised foot, painful to touch. Something to worry about?

Hi, I kicked a chair very hard three weeks ago and my foot swelled and bruised all over. The impact was on the side of my foot just below the ankle. I had an X-ray and was told all was fine. However, the impact area is still very swollen and hard. It is very painfull to touch and when putting weight on it pain is sent up my ankle. The bruising has gone but the swelling feels like bone to me and I m worried that something has been missed and may mend in the wrong position. My question is, is this something to worry about or not? Many thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012