Kick in the shin, days later feel a gel over the area, no pain, tender to touch, swelling in ankle. Any ideas?

I got kicked in the shin sparring in Tae Kwon Do about 8 weeks ago. It hurt quite a bit but a bruise didn t come up until over 2 weeks later and it was just a slight darkening, not really like any bruise I ve ever had. It was a little swollen but the biggest thing I noticed was that it felt like there was nothing beneath the area (about the size of a silver dollar). You could run your finger down my shin and it just felt like gel over the area that was hit. It is not very painful if left alone but is tender to the touch. It feels like my muscle has been displaced and when I feel the area I notice what seems like a hole where muscle used to reside. It feels like it is possibly filled with fluid. I ve also notice a couple of days this past week that my left ancle will be really swolen - no pain. Any ideas what this injury might be and how long it will take to heal?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013