Keyhole surgery, swallowing problem, black stool. Torn esophagus?

Dear Doctor, I had keyhole surgery carried out to repair stomach hernia and tighten up ephosegus 10 days ago. I have not eaten much since then as the food hurts on way down so stuck to mostly sloppy foods and juice, however last night I had my first proper large meal and felt some discomfort. When I went to toilet early this morning I passed black,tarry stools and again this afternoon. Is this something associated with not eating much for 10 days after op and suddenly eating normal food. I am worried I have torn the ephosegus and will bled to death, was hoping to wait till morning to call my doctor as it is Sunday night thanks alan
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012