Keloid scar tissue formed after surgeries to fix botched tonsillectomy. Info about scar removal ?

Hi there. After two surgeries to fix a botched tonsillectomy , it appears I have an unusual case in that I have keloid scar tissue that has formed. My current ENT wants to try to soften it but then said he could bring in other specialists to deal with this such as an oral surgeon to remove the scar, or remove the scar and use a skin graph so the scar does not form again. This has been debilitating for me and just want my throat back. What do you know about scar removal?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012