Keep waking up to pain around rib cage, difficulty in breathing. Is it costochondritis ?

Hello, I got a big painful problem. I keep waking up to a pain around my rib cage almost everyday, this has been going on for almost 3 years now, When it happens, its hard for me to breathe,feels like the ribs or lung cannot expand. Ive been to our military medic and all they could tell me is, it is just costochondritis . But right now its really getting worse, I have to sit it out before the pain subsides before I could go back to sleep. I am very frustrated, I am a soldier and my leaders are thinking that I am making this all up. It also sucks for me right now coz I am on overseas assignment and the help I can get is very limited. The hospital around me can barely speak english. Thanks for listening, I hope somebody can shed a light to whats happening to me.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012