Keep getting strange mucous taste in mouth. Told to have a blocked salivary gland which should go eventually. Its still there. Had Tonsillectomy. How to cure the problem?

I had a Tonsillectomy on 15 May. two weeks later at my follow up appt I mentioned to the consultant a strange mucous taste i keep getting in the right handside of my mouth. he pressed under my tongue and said i have a blocked salivary gland and that it should go eventually. It s still there -do you think this is what it is and is there anything i can do to cure it? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012