Just started smoking. Having chest pains. Told that it was due to cold. Lung cancer?

I am 21 and I stated smoking 4 months back. I ve never had health problems in my life. But now I m experiencing chest pains since last 1 week. I v had a cold since last 1 month, Just blocked nose... no Cough. I got a complete body checkup which came back normal. also the chest xray came back normal. the doctor says that i hvae an enlarged liver due to fat accumulation from cold drinks and that the chest pains are due to cold... I dont have any family hisotry of cancer. can this be lung cancer?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013