Joint pain, headaches, stomach pain, lump on neck, increasing in size. Symptoms cause of concern?

Hey I am a female 14 year old girl and lately i have been really tired, aching joints and pain, headaches , i often get belly pain on the left side of my stomach, more than normal brusing and i have a lump of my neck that has been growing bigger for about 6 months now. The lump is not painful to the touch but has been getting bigger. What could be causing these things and should i get my mum to take me to a gp or doctor? Thankyou
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I am suspecting as hypothyroidism as a cause of your problems.You should undergo a thyroid function test to rule out that.A physical examination of thyroid gland is also essential. A thyroid hormone substitution will relieve your symptoms if this is the cause.A surgical correction might be necessary if you having a progressively enlarging lump on neck.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.
OBGYN Dr. Rajasekhar's  Response
You must positively attend a GP.You must undergo Ultrasound scan of abdomen, as well as biopsy of your lump in the neck without further delay