Joint pain, abdominal discomfort, elevated bilirubin level. Is there a correlation between high bilirubin and my symptoms?

I have recently been experiencing traveling joint pain and abdominal discomfort. I went to my physician who performed blood tests and discovered an elevated bilirubin level. She suggested I try a gluten free diet prior to discover the elevated bilirubin. Do you think there is a correlation between the high bilirubin and my symptoms? and do you think a gluten allergy could be the culprit?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013