Joint effusion, subluxation of patella, knee pain due to fall. Doing physical therapy. Treatment?

I fell on April 18 of this year at work, and have been to several doctors appointments since. I have had both an X-ray and MRI, only thing noted on the findings was moderate joint effusion and a mild lateral subluxation of the patella . My knee feels really tight and there is pain on and around the knee cap as well as in the back of the knee. I have been to 3 weeks of physical therapy , which I feel helped. I have now been referred to an orthopedist. What could they find and what should I expect?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012