Jelly like discharge during bowel movement, abdominal cramps. Had blood discharge from anus. What could it be?

Around six months ago when going to the toilet there was a lot of blood coming from my anus that would turn the water completely red. i went to the doctor and he suspected that it was internal piles but suggested i get a blood test just to make sure but im afraid of needles so just didnt bother getting one - silly i know! now i ve noticed jelly like discharge when im wiping and sometimes it comes flying out when im trying to squeeze a bowel movement out and also severe cramps in my stomach when i need the toilet what do you think it could be?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012