Jaw pain upto ear after punch in the face, mild swelling, severe stiffness. Bruising?

I got punched in the face last night and the left side of my jaw hurts. It instantly felt off an still does today. My teeth felt unaligned, but now not so much however i cant close them together all the way but can close my mouth. I have pain in my jaw up to my ear. It is slightly swollen on the outside but not to bad. It was really stiff this morning but throughout the day have gained more movement but with pain. I can also talk fine without opening my mouth wide. I tried eating but it is too painful even to chew even on the other side. Is it just bruised?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I appreciate your concern this could be due to the soft tissue inflammation in my opinion to rule out the possibility of bony injury it is better to get done the x-ray study till then for the pain management you can try "Tab Diclofenac 50 mg sustain release once in day" hope this information helps you have nice day.