Jaw out of alignment, pain while opening in the jaw, ringing in the ear. Reason?

Got up one morning a week ago and my jaw was out of alignment , when I clinch my teeth I could not feel my lower jaw teeth line up with my upper jaw teeth, if that make sense. I tried opening my mouth as wide as I can in pain. while moving my jaws up and down I was hearing a cracking sound like my jaw was out of sucket, and the pain was in my ear. Today when I bite down I feel my teeth in alignment like its getting better, but when i clinch my teeth it sends a ringing sound to my ear. my head also hurts. I need to know what brought this on in the first place.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello Friend
Welcome to H.C.M
With little information and as per the history you have given and the clinical findings you may be suffering with Temporomandibular arthralgia and that is possibility of causing cracking sound in your ear. I would suggest you to give rest to jaw. take soft diet and you can take some oral analgesics for four days.
But still I would suggest you to consult the Specialist if you don’t get relief as on examination the findings may be different and line of treatment may have to be changed. Please don’t hesitate to consult and ask for any more query. i will be pleased to answer.
With best wishes for a speedy cure
Yours sincerely
The Health Caremagic Medical Team

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.