Jaw joint pain while eating

Hi Doctor , i am in medellin, colombia now. My Jaw joint is paining in the right side when i open and also while eating , since las 10 days. last week when i have consulted a doctor, he suggested me some pain relief tablets, but i have consulted him again today as there is no improvement. today the doctor told it may be due to dislocation of jaw joint and suggested me to consult a specialist doctor. but the specialist doctor is busy and not available till 20th Jan. kindly suggest me if i can wait that many days. i am new to this area and i don t know any doctors here. I will be grateful If some one can refer me to a doctor for the mentioned problem in this city.(Medellin)
Asked On : Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Jaw Pain: Pain Killers 2-3 times per day and soft diet, minimum opening of the not brush our teeth, only gargle etc should help and may even cure you.But wat is important is to get examined and to find out why it happened, is there injury, infection, stress( Mental),old injury etc.Waiting for 1 week should not be of any harm.Keep me informed about your progress.

Dr Prakash Chhajlani. M.S.,M.Ch.
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon.
Ganga Jamuna Apartment,South Tukoganj.
Near Nath Mandir.Indore.452001.India
Tel.O & R. 91-731-2511411/12. R.2366588. Appointments:0731 2511411- 10.30-7 pm.
Web site:,