Jaw hinge painfully swollen, swelling on ear canal, impaired ear after a blow on the face. Will this subside?

The left side of my face was recently punched, not severely hard there s no visible bruising but my teeth were rattled a bit and my jaw hinge (temperomandibluar?) is painfully swollen, and my ear is affected. It wasn t really so bad the first two days, but after waking this morning my ear canal is more swollen and hearing is a little impaired. Will this swelling subside if I wait it out, or should I be further concerned? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012