Jaw fractures, taken antibiotic and pain killers, trouble in breathing, infection, information regarding jaw fractures, risks, and recurring health problems

My husbad has had to go to the Hospital/ Er a few times due to a recurring problem with his jaw having tons of small fractures . (Caused from boxing earlyer years). The first time it happened he went to the dentist , for the pain and swelling he had on the side of jaw. they gave him antibiotics and pain killers but a day later we rushed him to the hospital because he was going into shock and having trouble breathing from either the infection or I m not quite sure. I know they said that even the pressure from grinding his teeth could cause it. I wanted to get some information regarding jaw fractures, risks, and recurring health problems.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012