Jaw bone pain, seems to be tender to touch. Will it subside on its own?

I have a pain on my right lower jaw bone about two and a hlaf inches from where the jaw meets the ear. I notice it today for the first time while putting on my face moisturizer . It is very tender to the touch but there are no bruises or skin sore of any kind. It hurts directly on the jaw bone when I touch it. Should I call my doctor right away or wait a few days to see if it goes away?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for posting the query,

This could be due to impacted wisdom tooth.'
I would suggest you to get a complete examination by a Dentist.

Hope you find this as helpful,

Take care!