Itchy vagina, soreness after sex, used different pads. Help

hi i ve had a really itchy vagina for about a week now, and now i think i have scratched a layer of skin away? i have just came off my period but when i was on i used different pads because ive been staying at my boyfriends house and his mum gave me them, ive used them before and i dont record them itching me then, i do shave so im not sure if its just hair growing back. i also have a problem with my sex life, i have been with my partner for nearly one year and a half now and at the start of the relationship when we became active we were able to have sex more than twice a night, more than that actually and everything was fine, so soreness or anything but for the past 6months we can only have sex once every two days because i get so sore after, im too nervous to go to the doctors about it as i know they will want to inspect me and i had a bad experience with that before, please help me?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Hello.
The itching that you have could be due to allergic dermatitis due to different pads that you have used recently. Topical steroid based antiseptic cream will help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
drrakhitayal@gmail.com