Itchy vagina, opening surrounded by white crusty stuff, not sexually active. What could this be?

I have been having a problem with my vagina being really itchy, the opening of the vagina is surrounded by white crusty stuff. I don t know what it is. I ve tried looking on google but scary things come up so I just thought I would ask a doctor. I m a virgin and I ve never done anything sexual before so I know it s not an std .
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Mar 2016

You are suffering from some sort of vaginal yeast infection. Do a vaginal swab test to confirm the diagnosis.

You may need to use VAGISIL cream and CLINGEN FORTE vaginal suppository for 3-5 days to reduce vaginal itching and white crusty stuff. For that, I suggest to consult with your gynecologist and take advice accordingly.

Maintain genital hygiene properly. Wear clean and cotton underwear. Keep the area always dry. Avoid chemical bath products.

Take care and Be well.