Itchy throat, swollen tongue. Took injection. ESR level high. Reason for high ESR level?

Hello, My brother was ill for last 25 days ., he is ESR count is still high ., Following are the events that happened. I tried to attach reports for all these details. Please let me know your opinion. Please suggest if any test needs to be done for further diagnosis. ( sorry for the bad scanning of the reports) 1) My brother felt itching in throat took some antibiotics. Pain did not suside for next 4 days. Throat infection in fact increased., also got fever. So he visited a doctor on 5-2-2013. 2) Doctor diagnosed that the throat infection was very heavy and even the tongue was swollen. Asked for blood report ( report attached) then He has prescribed some antibiotics . and by 14-02-2013 throat pain reduced. 3) On early morning of 16-02-2013 ( 3:30am)my brother had very severe body pain . lasted for 3 hours . the pain was in entire body even the scalp was terribly paining. By 4 pm he had severe fever visited doctor. Doctor prescribed some medicines . However fever did not come down for next 2 days. So doctor ordered for blood test . 4) On 18-02-2013 blood test was done. ( report attached) According to the report WBC count was 0000 cells/ and ESR was 130mm (for one hour). Doctor put him on some injections for next 5 days ( details not known). Fever came down to normal in two days. 5) After 5 days the injections were stopped he was put on some medication ( prescription attached). But then after 2 days( 25-02-2013) he had fever again. Then blood test was done again. ( report attached). 6) According to the report the ESR was still high 120 mm , WBC has come down. Now he has no fever ,but still on some medication., i thought i’ll take a second opinion about this case. My questions are 1) Why ESR still high? Is he in a dangerous situation.? 2) Did we miss any diagnostic test ( like CRP ). Do you suggest any now? 3) Your comments , would like to know how did this happen , any precautions to be taken. Thanks a lot Madan.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013