Itchy throat, hurts. Did gargling, tried cough drops, no help. Is it just strain ?

Hi, I have been singing a lot (we are in crash time for my high school musical) -- I feel fine but my throat felt itchy and now hurts. I have been drinking water, juice, and hot tea, and my music director just recommended a throat coat tea. I have also been gargling with salt water, using cough drops, etc. I don t have a fever , and it s become more of an annoyance. It s been going on since about three or four days ago. I went to my school nurse and she said it looked okay. Is this just vocal strain?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013