Itchy swollen vaginal lips, pain on touching, dry flaky spots. Treatment?

Ok my vagina the outer lips are really itchy when ever I so happen to touch it or when I bathe they get scratch badly... And it s been around for quite a while now... I use powder to kinda ease the itching but it jus keeps itching. When ever I examine down there I see little dry flaky white spots all over and that s the pasts that itches.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
Your problem is most likely yeast infection.For such condition i usually prescribe clotrimazole ointment for local application or vaginal suppository.I also prescribe them fluconazole tablet weekly once for 1 month to stop recurrance.I also advise them to use intimate wash to normalize the vaginal bacterial flora and PH there by decreasing chance of getting further infection. Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.