Itchy, swollen knee, difficulty in walking. Was bitten on the same spot. Using calamine cream. Will it subside?

i was bitin maybe 10 days ago on my knee it healed ,then i was working which ment i was on my knees for several hours , my knee became itchy and swollen the next day was ok then yesterday it became very swollen and is still as long as im not walking about i have from the chemist aqueous calamine cream from the chemist .and no appointments at the doctors
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
hi calamine lotion works only as a soothening does not decrease ur swelling and itching completely.itching can be mainly due to ur swelling on the knee.use a broad spectrum antibiotic twice daily,anti inflammatory agent and antihistamine can cure the condition