Itchy spot on the heel, have numbness and redness with raised patch post scratching. What could this be?

So this spot on the side of my foot (inside) on the heel has been itching the past couple of days. I ve scratched it, and not thought anything out it. But today it was just so freaking itchy, so I took off my shoe, and rolled down my sock, and scratched it for a couple of minutes. It was still itchy. And after all of that I noticed that the place where I was scratching has become a large raised pale patch of skin. Normally when I scratch my skin, the area turns red, and that s it. I dont think that it was a raised patch before I scratched it, but I m not 100% sure. I barely looked at it until I noticed that it didn t stop itching. And now it feels like a mixture of itchiness and numbness. What could this be??
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012