Itchy skin rashes on arms, legs. On Ideal Protein diet, successful weight loss. Rashes due to diet?

I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for 13 weeks and have been very successful. I started this week with a skin rash that itches. The rash appears on both of my arms and a few spots on my legs. I see on line that the rash can be from a diet high in protein resulting in a vitamin deficiency. I was going to check with the doctor and counselors on Monday but I came across this website so I thought I would ask.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012