Itchy skin on legs after taking a short walk, did not experience this in UK. Could it be due to weather?

Hi I usually have an itchy skin especially on my legs after taking a short walk. I usually have to seat down because if I scratch my leg then my whole body starts to itch. Its the most uncomfortable, painful and embarrasing feeling. I noticed however than when I travelled from my country Nigeria to the UK during the winter I did not exeperience this feeling at all. I walked the longest distance but nothing. Does my problem have to do with the weather?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013