Itchy scrotum. Type 2 diabetes under control. Taking Metformin, gcliclacide. Suggest something

I am a type 2 diabetic and I frequently suffer from an itchy scrotum . Is this normal with type 2 diabetes? my diabetes is controlled by diet and medication , Metformin 500mgx4 daily and 80mgx2 daily gcliclacide. The itch is very embarrassing and it it becomes so intense that I have to scratch it. The best way to alleviate the itch is to roll the skin between my fingers. This does relieve the itch but it returns almost immediately. Can you help me please?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013