Itchy scalp, using scalicin reduced to the extent, started when i were wet helmet. Suggestion?

I have an itchy scalp, but only in a few areas, not the whole head. Mainly the problem is the back of my head. I have tried everything on the market to get rid of the problem, with no luck. The only thing that has helped stop the itch is scalicin, however it hasn't gotten rid of the problem. I started having the problem last winter, I think wearing my ski helmet with wet hair started the problem. I feel kind of awkward asking the hairdresser or doctor. Can you help?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013

It seems that you may be having scalp prurigo.

In scalp prurigo there may be pruritic lesions on scalp and the itching is severe.

Mostly it is caused by stress ,tension and anxiety.

Sunrays,dry weather,soap,water,pollutant may exacerbate the lesions.

Anti histaminics may be taken till itch is relieved.

If severe,steroids may be taken in tappering dose.

If there is infection, antibiotics may be taken.

Savlone may be used to wash the scalp.

Mild steroid with antifungal lotion may be applied at night.

Anxiolytic drug like fluoxetin may be taken to reduce anxiety.

I hope you may be benefitted. However, you consult dermatologist.

I think you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD