Itchy reddish spots on the groin area, thighs and buttocks. Tried hydrocortisone. Need help

I have been feeling very itchy the past two weeks. At night it seems to get a little worse. I tried to treat it with Hydrocortisone, and then an eczema cream, but it didn't seem to work. It looks like in grown hair, and red sports. It mainly is in my groin area, thighs, and buttocks. I also have what looks to be red spots on the penile head. I looked into it, and I don't seem to have pustules, that scabies is common for. I would just like to get an opinion of what it is, I go to the dermatologist tomorrow.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013