Itchy reddish patches on hands and face. Desonide cream. Need permanent cure. Is it safe to use the medication on face?

I have recurring itchy, reddish patches on my face and hands/fingers . . . some very small and some just about the size of a dime. My dermo. dr. gave me desonide cream for face and bethametasone for hands (sometimes on lower legs and tip of elbow ); seems they come and go, but usually recur in same spots. This has been going on for about 2 years now! Any suggestions? I am 52 and post menapausal and have been using the creams on and off . . . is it okay to keep using these creams, especially on my face? Thank you! - Kate
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013