Itchy red bumps on knuckles, fingers, irritation, skin peeling, comes and goes. Causes and treatment?

Hi, I started having some kind of itchy red callusy type bumps on my upper knuckles on a couple of fingers. At first it was kind of random & they would come and the one on my pointer finger has been irritated for a solid week or has split open & is shedding skin & is kind of painful. There are a few random small bumbs that go down the same finger onto the knuckle. I am starting to develop what looks like the same thing on a couple of my other knuckles (upper)....just seems so strange that it is only really happening on my upper knuckles....starts out a little dry and swollen then gets red & itchy, but severity comes & goes....?????
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Hi i think it is irritant presents as itchy dry peeling skin over the can be treated with saline compressors followed by application of moisteriser along with dipsalic ointment over thr lesions.use of atarax 25 mg at night.antibiotic twice daily.use of moisteriser regularly afterwards to prevent recurrences