Itchy, red bumps, hard, hot to touch. What are they?

I had a few large itchy red bumps a month ago that have scarred but gradually starting to disappear and i was relieved that i stopped getting new ones, but now i have two more a month later. They are big like mozzy bites and are hard and hot to touch. They are definitely not bites though, and it is literally just my buttock area i have them. I have been applying Sudo crem which helps the itching and after a week or so they start going but the scars are horrible and im desperate to know what they are and why all of a sudden im getting them.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Hi red itchy bumps leaving behind scar tissue can be erythema can be due to streptococcus.tuberculosis or presents erythematous nodule which is tender to can be cured by atarax 25 mg .antibiotic twice daily and use of oral steriods for short course and application of calamine lotion can cure it