Itchy rashes on the shoulder and waist line. Not responding to allergy medication. Prescribed with prednisone. Not responding to medication

Hi, I have itching that looks like rash patches around my shoulder and at waist line on my back. It get worse at night but better during the day. I took allergy medication with no effect. Baby powder seems to help a little. My Dermatologist could not determine the cause. He prescribed some steroid ( prednisone ) which helped the first time but the itch came back after a few month. The steroid dose the second time was less effective and helped a little. A few months later, it is back. I am at a lost. Obviously Prednisone is not a solution. Please advise. Thanks. John
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012