Itchy rashes on the arm after childbirth. Is it hormonal? Need medication?

hi, i am Renea. for 2 months after i gave birth to my son, i have developed a rash on my arms. Sometimes it itches on my legs and back. It seems to itch worse at night or when i get hot or alittle flustered. I am online looking for answers and all these people going to the dr. s about it and them not getting any answers. I even called my obgyn and she has never heard of it, which is hard to believe. I just want to know what is the cause of it, is it hormonal or what and how long does it last. Do i need to go to the dr for medication to get rid of it cause some people said medication did not work for them. I just want it to be over with it makes me irritable.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012