Itchy rashes on skin around neck, back, abdomen, chest and thigh. Is it a reaction to some allergic stuff?

My wife developed itching followed by rashes on the skin few months ago. The itching is not there all the time but when she get s it (mostly in the night) then it severe mostly covering the entire body but more prominently in areas around the neck , back, abdomen , chest and thighs. I was surprised that the same itching symptoms I got it few days back. I don t know what is this itching for and or is it a reaction to some allergic stuff or something else. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012