Itchy rash with small white raised bumps. Could this be scabies ?

Hi, My two year old has recently gotten over a virus (two back to back) and she now has a rash with small white bumps (not pustules, just raised). These bumps are surrounded by a little pink and are itchy. They come and go, but have appeared every day for about a week. My 18 month old, who also had the same viruses a couple of days after her sister, just got her first signs of the rash. I understand that viruses often come with rashes , but because they are raised bumps that come and go I want to rule out scabies . Any thoughts? I looked at scabies pics online and I don t see any trail marks on my kids. The bumps on my kids are sometimes lone and sometimes clustered. The online pics of scabies aren t helpful because they are all of advanced stages.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013