Itchy rash that started on ankles, spread farther up leg, mirrored on either side. Tried topical cream, antihistamine. Solution ?

I have a rash . It started just on my ankles and is severely itchy. After a while it left my legs and moved farther up my leg. It has continued to do this moving in a very systematic pattern along my body. It is mirrored on either side, like currently it is on both of my wrist , the insides of my upper arms, my inner thighs and just around the sides of my back. When it first started it was only one or two bumps, slightly red much like an irritated hair follicle , at a time and they only lasted in one spot for a couple of days before moving. Now they show up in much larger patches 10-15 at a time and last for a weeks or so before they move. This started back in Nov. I have seen my gp for the problem and he just keeps on prescribing me allergy medicine, so far we have done a topical cream and a rx antihistamine, it was immediately after starting the antihistamine that my rash mutated into larger sites with longer breeding time. I need to stop itching, any thoughts!! I have also spent many hours scouring the interenet for any picture that resembles what I have and I absolutely cannot find anything that matches it. The raised bump is the size of a very small pimple and nearly always the same color as my skin or slightly pink after lots of scratching .
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013