Itchy rash on buttocks, lower back, thighs and hips. Taken Prednisone and Benadryl. Any thoughts?

I have a rash that started on my buttocks . It was very itchy. It then traveled up my lower back and down by posterior thighs. Also on my hips. I have been given pednisone 40mg Mon and Tues, 30 mg today. I am still miserable. The tiny specks start out without color but as I itch they get a tiny scab. I have taken Benadryl at night but still wake up itching. No oozing such as shingles or some bug bites. We have dogs but the rash is where I wear shorts and tank top to bed and only on my back side. Any thoughts? I didn t realize this had a fee, so I will close.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012