Itchy rash on back, bleeds when scratched. Done surgery. Related to opiates?

I have an itchy rash mostly on my back near the kidneys that bleeds when I scratch it. I had major surgery 6 months ago for open reduction of broken fibula w/displacement of the talus bone. I told the hospital that I was allergic to opiates but they gave me them anyway along w/an anti-itch medication. The itch showed up 3 months ago when I had to wear a compression stocking due to 5 stress fractures in my foot due to too early removal of support appliance. Could the rash be related to the opiates?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012