Itchy rash near the belly button spreading. Burned scar upon healing. What are these?

I had an itchy red rash to the left of my belly button that keeps spreading around my belly button. At times it gets extremely itchy and almost feels like it is pinching. Part of it has cleared up and I almost have a burn scar where the rash was. I have been putting Lanacane cream on it to help with the it. Just when I think I am getting rid of it, some more bumps break out. is there an otc cream or something i can put on it to try heal it or stop the itchiness?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013