Itchy rash behind ears spread to hairline, face, chest and back. On oral steroids. Recommendations?

My daughter developed a rash behind the ears a couple of days ago. It came on suddenly and overnight it spread to the hairline, face, chest and back. Hundreds of tiny bumps and extremely itchy. She went to the doctor yesterday. Doctor was stumped but put her on oral steroids. Today the rash has spread further. I googled her symptoms and found dozens of people with the exact same symptoms, all of them had been in a hot tub just a couple of days prior to the breakout. Ironically, my daughter also had been in a hot tub just 2 days before her breakout. Unfortunately, none of the people received any responses on what this is or how to treat it. She is in a major amount of discomfort and it's getting worse. It is alarming to look at. Any help you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013