Itchy, pus filled bump in pubic area. Spreading to inner thighs. Cause?

My daughter is 11, she had one itchy bump that resembled a large pimple in her pubic area. She has been able to squeeze puss out several times, it gets painful and then itchy again. She has had that about a week and now has 3 more that have appeared on her inner thighs. Also, she now has swollen and very painful lumps in her groin area. I am planning a visit to her doctor, calling tomorrow, but to calm my nerves, can you tell me what the cause of this could be? I have had breast cancer and these swollen nodes, has me worried.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013