Itchy, puffy, red under eye. Did something bite me in the middle of the night ?

I am 45 years old. Woke up with an itchy spot under my one eye and it s puffy and red. Put ice on it last night & thought it helped but it s still there today. Now I noticed that the other eye underneath is starting to itch. What could it be? Did something bite me in the middle of the night?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Welcome to hcm.
It may be due to some allergic reaction after insect bite.
Take some antiallergic drug like cetrizine.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It's quite possible that it;s due to an insect bite/sting either by bed bugs, mosquitoes, blister beetle. If there are mosquitoes around, be careful and use a Mosquito net. Take a Tablet Cetrizine 10mg if the itching gets worse. If the swelling increases, visit the ER.