Itchy, painful rash on penis with swelling, STD ruled out. Could this be allergy due to new shorts?

Hello, I am a 28 yr old male. About a week ago I developed an itchy painful rash on only my penis . I iced it to reduce the itching but it kept on. I also made sure to keep it clean and dry. Now the rash is gone but it is very swollen and painful. I know it is not an std as I am a virgin . Could it be an allergic reaction to my new running shorts with built in underwear? I have not had any changes in diet , lotions or detergents. Thank you so much for your help
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012