Itchy, painful bumps on the tattoo. Used Vaseline. Not experienced the same with earlier tattoos. Serious?

About a week ago I got a tattoo on my lower leg... Today I started getting little red bumps above the tattoo that are itchy / painfull.... I m not sure if it has to do with the tattoo, or what it could be... The tattoo has ( black red yellow blue ) ink for the 1st week was using vasaline but last night used a & d... This is my 3 tattoo and never happened before.. what could these little red bumps be and is it anything serious
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012

hi little itchy bumps on the tattoo can be due to irritant dermatitis due to chemical used for can happen at any time even if it does not appeared earlier.use of atarax 25 mg at night,antibiotic twice daily ,use of oral steriods for short period and application of calamine lotion on the small red bumps can cure the irritant dermatitis,if no response try to remove tattoo intotal