Itchy mouth, diarrhea and burning rash when taking Nicorette and Diclofenac. What to do?

my husband has just had another reaction... he has given up smoking for 1 month using nicorette mouth spray. he sprays it about 4/ 5 times a day. he also suffers with a bad back and takes diclofenac when it gets really bad. both times he has taken diclofenac since he has been on the spray, he has had a severe reaction. he starts off with an itchy mouth then within minutes, he has diarrhoea and is covered from head to toe in a burning rash. His face swells up and he shivers uncontrollably . both times I have given him piriton and it calms it all down. Am i doing the right thing or should I call an ambulance if it happens again?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012