Itchy mole on the back. Tried hydrocortisone. Acute pain. Mole removal suggested. What are the reasons for this?

I had an itch on my back that lasted for about six weeks. I visited my GP and he noted a minuscule mole in the area around the itch, but decided that it was too small to bother over, suggesting that I apply hydrocortisone and see if the itch clears up in two weeks. If not, he said he will remove the mole. In the following days, however, the itch has been replaced by what feels like an acute pain that I can only describe as a muscle cramp that I cannot stretch or rub out. I ll be calling my GP again to address the problem if it persists, but I was wondering if you had any ideas about what might be causing this. Sex: Male Age: 35 Moderate smoker Active and in decent shape physically
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012